Bring in this flyer to redeem 1 free Thai Iced Tea today! Valid until May 1st. Enjoy! :)
Nyum Bai is excited to finally open! Here are some key dates:
- February 15: Soft opening. Hours will vary.
- February 16: Soft opening. Hours will vary.
- February 17: GRAND OPENING.
Please follow our Facebook or Instagram to keep up to date for times and any changes.
We hope to see you there!
Nyum Bai is Hiring
At Nyum Bai, we take you to beautiful Cambodia, celebrating its cuisine, the forgotten good times, and the tunes of 60’s Cambodian pop songs and rock n’ roll.
Our food is the food we grew up eating and want to eat everyday. We do our best to use as much organic and local produce and making our curry pastes and sauces from scratch is something we feel strongly about.
Nyum Bai's mission is to introduce the Bay Area to a nostalgic take on Cambodian food. We all have a love for food, good times, and the simple pleasure of sharing a meal with friends.
Growing the Dream Team
NYUM BAI does 4-5 pop up every month at Temescal Brewing, Forage Kitchen, and other fun venues. We also are catering full time for The Market and various companies in the Bay Area. We are currently planning to expand and gearing up to open a brick and mortar in Emeryville, CA by early 2017.
Our ideal candidate is someone with experience in and passion for food that can help us take Nyum Bai to the next level! Commercial kitchen/food experience is a requirement. Willing to train the right person. This is a part-time position with the potential to grow into a full time position by 2017.
Pop Up Operations*
• Load and drive truck with booth materials to different sites.
• Setup and breakdown booth including canopy, tables, propane-powered griddle, and on- site decor
• Operate point of sale and money systems using square
• Provide excellent customer service
• Prepare and serve noodle soup based on training
• Be knowledgeable of food safety standards and how to stay in compliance
• Keep booth stocked and organized with food, packaging items, etc.
• Update menu signage as needed
• Be a good team player and be flexible in assisting in different areas of operation
• Work hard and have fun (we play hard too!)
• Assist in the production of Nyum Bai’s dishes both for market operations, catering, and special events
• Follow a prep list and be able to chop, roast, mix, marinate, and prep high volume of ingredients.
- Prepare specialty items based on Nyum Bai’s recipes
- Support in recipe and menu development
- Assist in cleaning and kitchen organization, where needed
The ideal candidate is required to:
• Have a driver’s license, good driving record, and be comfortable driving a truck.
• Be able to lift 40 pounds, be comfortable bending, stretching, and doing other physical
• Be able to work long shifts (8 hours or more, on occasion), jump right in, and get hands
• Be available on weekends/evenings
• Have cooking/prep cook experience and servsafe certification to work in kitchen
The following qualities are helpful but not required:
• Experience selling food at outdoor events/festivals
Experience setting up cooking equipment, working with propane, and is generally “handy.
General knowledge of Khmer cuisine and culture
- Fluency in Khmer and/or Spanish
Wages dependent on experience. Tips are pooled. If you are interested in applying, please send a letter of inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the following information:
- Your Name and Contact Information
- A resume with your background and relevant Experience
- Best times to reach you
Welcome to our new blog! We’ll be using it to keep you up to date on Nyum Bai news and events, as well as sharing fun tidbits about Cambodian culture and cuisine.
One of our favorite aspects of eating in Cambodia is the street food scene. Imagine a bustling outdoor market with stalls after stalls of grilled meat skewers, fish curries over rice, steamed buns and pancakes, and other tasty snack. Everything is made fresh to order, and customers watch their meals get prepared quickly and expertly in front of them. The air is filled with the fragrance of spices and herbs and the sound of Cambodian music and vendors yelling out orders. To us, street food is delicious, convenient, and fun. And the markets that they host them have a lively and contagious energy.
We’re so passionate about the street food culture in Cambodia that we wanted to bring a taste of it to San Francisco. That’s why we’re so excited to announce the launch of the Nyum Bai Noodle Bar! Kuy teav is our signature dish, a popular street food item. This flavorful noodle soup consists of a seafood and pork broth and comes with rice noodles, ground and roast pork, and topped with bean sprouts, cilantro, and fried garlic. Add a fried Chinese donut on the side and soak up the broth. We’ll also be offering up a vegetarian noodle option as well with seasonable produce.
At the Noodle Bar, we hope to recreate the vibrant atmosphere we love so much at night markets and food stalls across Cambodia. Grab a stool at our outdoor seating setup, enjoy some Cambodian rock music from our speakers, and top off a warm bowl of soup noodles with freshly squeezed lime and a choice of three homemade hot sauces.
Come visit us at one of us upcoming events. Tag your photos and posts with @nyumbai and #nyumbainoodlesoup.
Mission Community Market on 22nd St and Barlett St: every Thursday (8/11, 8/18, 8/25, and 9/1...)
Temescal Brewing in Oakland: monthly (8/12 and 9/23, check link for updates)
We hope to see you soon!
The Nyum Bai Team