Nyum Bai is Hiring
At Nyum Bai, we take you to beautiful Cambodia, celebrating its cuisine, the forgotten good times, and the tunes of 60’s Cambodian pop songs and rock n’ roll.
Our food is the food we grew up eating and want to eat everyday. We do our best to use as much organic and local produce and making our curry pastes and sauces from scratch is something we feel strongly about.
Nyum Bai's mission is to introduce the Bay Area to a nostalgic take on Cambodian food. We all have a love for food, good times, and the simple pleasure of sharing a meal with friends.
Growing the Dream Team
NYUM BAI does 4-5 pop up every month at Temescal Brewing, Forage Kitchen, and other fun venues. We also are catering full time for The Market and various companies in the Bay Area. We are currently planning to expand and gearing up to open a brick and mortar in Emeryville, CA by early 2017.
Our ideal candidate is someone with experience in and passion for food that can help us take Nyum Bai to the next level! Commercial kitchen/food experience is a requirement. Willing to train the right person. This is a part-time position with the potential to grow into a full time position by 2017.
Pop Up Operations*
• Load and drive truck with booth materials to different sites.
• Setup and breakdown booth including canopy, tables, propane-powered griddle, and on- site decor
• Operate point of sale and money systems using square
• Provide excellent customer service
• Prepare and serve noodle soup based on training
• Be knowledgeable of food safety standards and how to stay in compliance
• Keep booth stocked and organized with food, packaging items, etc.
• Update menu signage as needed
• Be a good team player and be flexible in assisting in different areas of operation
• Work hard and have fun (we play hard too!)
• Assist in the production of Nyum Bai’s dishes both for market operations, catering, and special events
• Follow a prep list and be able to chop, roast, mix, marinate, and prep high volume of ingredients.
- Prepare specialty items based on Nyum Bai’s recipes
- Support in recipe and menu development
- Assist in cleaning and kitchen organization, where needed
The ideal candidate is required to:
• Have a driver’s license, good driving record, and be comfortable driving a truck.
• Be able to lift 40 pounds, be comfortable bending, stretching, and doing other physical
• Be able to work long shifts (8 hours or more, on occasion), jump right in, and get hands
• Be available on weekends/evenings
• Have cooking/prep cook experience and servsafe certification to work in kitchen
The following qualities are helpful but not required:
• Experience selling food at outdoor events/festivals
Experience setting up cooking equipment, working with propane, and is generally “handy.
General knowledge of Khmer cuisine and culture
- Fluency in Khmer and/or Spanish
Wages dependent on experience. Tips are pooled. If you are interested in applying, please send a letter of inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the following information:
- Your Name and Contact Information
- A resume with your background and relevant Experience
- Best times to reach you